While I won’t showcase the finished piece before the tournament next Sunday, you can still get an idea of how it looks from these in process shots.
Before forming any of the pieces, I added the little dot details along the edges of all the petals. Then the bowl portion was formed into a bowl shape. Then I formed the base and made sure the two fit together.
This took a little finagling and then they needed to be joined via rivets. The strange thing about making this trophy is that instead of finishing all the pieces and then drilling and riveting everything at the end, I had to rivet each layer as I went. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to get the hammer where I needed it to go.
Next came the forming of the nickel pieces to match the bowl. I formed each piece, drilled, and riveted it, then moved on to the next one. Once all of these pieces were together, I was then able to do the final designing of the outer petals and then make and rivet them on. Take my word for it, it came out spot on to how I protoyped it. Obviously the metal actuality is a little different than the paper, but it worked!!!