End of a Year, Start of a New Piece

First I tried out different layouts, taking photos so I'd remember.
First I tried out different layouts, taking photos so I’d remember.

I had wanted the Arches wall piece to be done by the end of the year, but I’ll have to settle on having another, new wall piece 1/2 way done instead. I had the idea for this one a while back, even ordered the pre-cut strips of nickel, but wanted to wait until I finished something else before starting it.

Obviously, I was taking too long. Actually, it’s just because I need to have my hubby help when I do the final rivets on Arches, so I figured I’d start something that I had a firm grasp of what I wanted and how exactly to put it all together.

Then I textured the copper pieces, using a similar technique to the textured bits from Ngaru & Vortex, but with a bigger tool.
Then I textured the copper pieces, using a similar technique to the textured bits from Ngaru & Vortex, but with a bigger tool.
Then I torch patinated them.
Then I torch patinated them.
Today I textured and patinated the nickel, then settled on this layout. I'm also working on the wood pieces for the backing.
Today I textured and patinated the nickel, then settled on this layout. I’m also working on the wood pieces for the backing.

P.S. This one won’t be finished before 2015 either…