We’re getting into the last two weeks of the year, so I’m going to start my yearly year-end group of round-up posts a little early while we wait for my wall piece to get completed. It’s almost there, I promise. We’ll start with my list of accomplishments for 2014. If you post your accomplishments, feel free to leave a link in the comments.
Wendy’s 2014 Accomplishments
- Ebb & Flow was accepted into the RefinedVIII: Maker’s Choice exhibition.
- Memento Cervidae was accepted into the Reliquary/Redux exhibition in conjunction with the Metals Symposium at ECU.
- Ngaru was in the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen’s All Across PA exhibition.
- I completed Super Bowl VI, Cascade.
- I was chapter juried in the Yellow Breeches Chapter of the PA Guild of Craftsmen.
- Memento Aurum was accepted in the TOP Jewels National Jewelry Design Exhibition.
- Tether was juried into the Art of the State: Pennsylvania 2014 exhibition.
- I taught my Foldforming Workshop in February and September.
- Carapace was accepted into Unmasked, the YBC exhibition at PGC.
- I designed a new workshop, Integrated Prong Setting.
- Cascade & Akimbo were accepted into the JAM Gallery 1st Annual Juried Exhibition.
- Akimbo won the JAM Gallery Certificate of Excellence in Sculpture at the juried show.
- I had multiple works in JAM Gallery’s Fall Exhibition.
- I was chosen to be one of the ACC/SNAG invitational exhibitors at the ACC Baltimore Show in February 2015.
- I completed a collaboration piece for the YBC “Earth, Wind, & Fire” challenge, Elemental, with Christine Goldbeck & Don Kensinger.
- Elemental won “Best Integration of Theme.”
- The Alchemists Team won the Special President’s Award for Camaraderie and Facebook Notoriety.
- I was invited to participate in the JAM Gallery Holiday Exhibition.
- Elemental won the “People’s Choice Award” at Fall into Fine Craft.
- My Air Chasing article was published in the book, Creative Copper Jewelry.
- I was elected Vice President of the 2015 YBC Board.
- I taught my Rivet Pendant Workshop in November.
Of course, this is along with all the other art that I created this year, as well as the pieces I hope to finish in the next two weeks! I thank everyone who helped make this possible, I couldn’t have done it without you!