It’s not really going to be called Armadillo, but my husband keeps calling it that. I can see why, but I don’t think it’s quite close enough to warrant the name.
I set out to make a vessel with armor-like pieces along the open edge, initially thin strips like on a medieval Japanese helmet or European spaulders. As I was designing it, however, I decided on wider strips (and less of them) to make it easier to rivet together. It created a slightly different version of what I had envisioned. This is the second time I’ve changed an idea using this medieval inspiration and one day I’ll actually complete one with the thinner strips.
I still need to finish the surface of the copper and then rivet it all together, but This roughly armored vessel is nearly complete.
You may remember this vessel from posts such as: