This weekend was supposed to be a weekend of studio time. I was so excited. Then I didn’t feel well. I would’ve gone in anyway, but I was a little dizzy, so I figured torch work wouldn’t be prudent. Hammering either for that matter. So I didn’t get as much done as I’d have liked.
I did decide to work on a bunch of new bowls. Smaller versions of Vortex. I was able to work on the patterns for these. I also worked on a prototype for the YBC Team Challenge project (out team’s officially called the Alchemists now.) So it was totally wasted I guess.
Then I started sawing out the armor parts for the vessel I’ve been working on. Sheets of brass had been folded earlier in the week and I had also worked on patterns last weekend. I have to admit that I didn’t finish piercing the last piece because I broke my last saw blade. New ones are arriving tomorrow, so don’t worry.
I also started working on the pieces of metal for the vortex-y bowls. The smallest one has air-chased brass for the main part. That needs sawing, too. I have to say that my piercing has improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of years. Practice makes (almost) perfect.