You might recognize some of these goals from years past. You also might notice that some are missing from past years. But if you keep doing the same thing and it doesn’t work out, why not stop trying to do it?
Wendy’s 2014 Goals
- 8 Group Exhibitions – This is a goal that seems to work out most years, so I’ve upped it by 2 exhibitions this year
- Teach at least 3 Workshops – A totally doable goal, and I already have one scheduled
- Write a Magazine Article – I started this one last year and it got pushed to the side, so I plan on completing it this year
- Make a Body of Work for a Solo Exhibition – Another one I started last year and plan on finishing this year (though that’s really an ongoing type of goal)
- Plan & Execute a Solo Exhibition for 2015 – This is on my 5 Year Plan that ends in 2015, so it’s really important that I move forward with it
- Gain Representation in 1-3 New Galleries
- Work on Getting into a Top-Tier Craft Show (Late 2014/Early 2015)
That’s right, this year I’m cutting back on my regular craft shows. While many of my sales happen there, not enough to offset the costs associated with doing them. That’s why the refocusing on galleries and trying to get into a higher end show. I have to mix it up if I want to find my niche.
So what are your plans this year? Are you trying to mix it up as well or are you sticking with things that worked in the past?