Yes, I do still have to finish that wall piece I started. But this week I went back to the bowl I’ve been working on (you know, the one that could be a bowl, teapot, vessel, etc?)
It will officially be an unlidded vessel. I spent Monday afternoon working out the design that had been fermenting (That’s right – ferment not foment) in my head. I wanted a bunch of thin layered strips to float around the rim of the piece. So I cut a bunch of them out and started placing them.
This seems a little easier than it actually was. I needed to make sure that each piece would be able to riveted on. They overlap and undulate and have to be added in a very specific order. Otherwise it just won’t work out.
Now I just need to cut them out of metal, texture and form them, then place them, drill the holes… wait, that’s a lot of steps. There’s just a lot more work to do. I do have some time this weekend to start in on it though.
Oh yeah, and then there’s the question of feet…