There are so many yummy foods associated with Fall. Crisp apples, warm pies, and of course candy corn. I love spices like cinnamon and clove and this is the perfect time of year to enjoy them. Here are some links to Fall friendly recipes for you to enjoy:
- Apple Dumplings – 2 ways (from Hauser Estate Wineries)
- Alton Brown’s Ginger Snap recipe
- A bunch of Apple Cider Drink Recipes (both alcoholic and family friendly)
- Ginger Snap Lamb Stew (She says it’s for St Patrick’s Day, but stews are always great for Fall)
- Crispy Duck – Great alternative to turkey for a small, but special meal
- Sage and Onion Stuffing
- Simply sinful: Triple Cinnamon Scones
Honey Chipotle Pecans
This recipe doubles easily.
2 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 cups pecans
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium skillet, combine honey, chipotle powder and cinnamon over medium heat until melted and combined. Add pecans and stir until coated.
Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool slightly (1-2 minutes).
Combine sugar and salt in a bowl, add pecans and toss until coated. Spread out on a piece of parchment paper and cool completely.
Be warned that if you have one…you will have another.
Store in an airtight container.