I don’t often use gemstones, though lately I’ve been using some to add a little sparkle to some of my jewelry. Here are some of my favorites.
- Garnet – These stones come in a wide variety of colors. Reds, greens, oranges, pinks, purples. But deep blood red is my favorite.
- Amethyst – This used to be my number two stone, but I was off it for a while. No reason. But now it’s back in the mix and the dark purple really sucks you in.
- Peridot– An acid green that contrasts really well with amethyst, I think. It’s lighter
than a lot of the stones I use, but the color is different enough that I still love it.
- Blue Topaz – Topaz is another stone that comes in all sorts of colors. Deep London Blue is probably my favorite though.
- Agates & Jaspers – You’ve seen some of the stunning examples of these stones in my collars and other larger pieces. I love the layers, patterns, and deep colors that are found in these stones. Best of all, the US is a great spot to find them.
- Pyrite – Sure it’s known as Fool’s Gold, but the dark golden tone (especially when it’s in a cab with that graphite grey around it) it a dark treasure.
You can find more examples of my gemstone-containing work in my Etsy shop.