I worked all weekend on the little teapot that could getting the angles just right. I also started working on the “belly” of it, though I’m not sure that I’ll actually use this piece that I worked on. I began planishing the bronze part, realizing halfway through that I’ll have to cut the front panel out BEFORE I planish it. I just can’t position the planishing stakes the way I want them without the extra room. Since I had decided to do this anyway, it wasn’t a big deal to cut it now rather than later. It just changes the clean-up (as in there’ll probably be more of it.)
I liked the piece that was removed, so it might end up being the back part. It looks a bit like a helmet right now, not that I have a problem with that. It’s starting to shape up (har har har) and I’m excited about how it’s turning out. I can’t wait to get it done to see what it looks like!