1. How did you get started in your craft? (using your media)
I have been doing art for over thirty five years. I began working on miniature books about nine years ago. Working with paper in collage seems to have always been part of my artistic expression. (I think I was a tree in a former life.)
2. What has been inspiring/influencing your work lately?
My work seems to come from many forms of inspiration. For example, nature, women, and color. Most recently, I seem to just be in love with texture. (I am a touchy feely kind of person.)
3. Who are your favorite artists in your field?
As for favorite people in my field? I can’t name one specifically, just all artists who produce uniquely expressed creations that give me wonder at human ingenuity.
4. What is your favorite customer quote or story?
When I first began making journal jewelry, I had just become a grandmother. I used photos of my grandchildren on the pages of my journal so that I could brag and bore any passerby with every detail of their lives…I was and am insufferable!
5. What is your favorite piece of art or fine craft that you own?
I collect clay. My favorite piece is a wall tile by Vickie Doucet. It undulates and overlaps slabs of clay which seem to be constructed of leather. It fools the eye and captures my imagination each time I look at it.