Because I know that you guys just want to know every little detail about my life, today I’m listing some of the recent books I’ve read.
- Crossfire by Dick & Felix Francis – I really like Dick Francis’ mystery books, but the last few that were co-written with his son just don’t do it for me. I knew who the bad guys were as soon as I met them in this book.
- Just Kids by Patti Smith (d’uh I just reviewed it)
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett – This was the right time frame for me and the idea of a book centered around the building of a cathedral sounds appealing, but it was waaaaaaay too soap opera-y for me.
- Brewing Up a Business by Sam Calagione – Business book written from the perspective of a craft beer brewer. It was pretty interesting.
- The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore – This was the last book of his that I had yet to read. I love his books and if you like paranormal, humorous, and thriller type books, you need to check him out.
- The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll – This author was recommended by Neil Gaiman and so I had to check him out. This is I think his first novel and it really held my interest and had an interesting plot, but the ending was sudden and somewhat unexpected. I would definitely read more of his books. The characters and situations seemed real even when they were really weird.
In case you’re wondering what I’m reading next, I have Side Jobs by Jim Butcher and Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson on request from the library and Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki (that’s right, before it’s official release!) waiting in the wings.