Just about a year ago, I posted My 7 Goals for 2010.
- To have an indoor booth set-up
- To do 3-5 craft shows
- Find new galleries to showcase my work
- To teach a workshop
- To participate in at least four exhibitions
- To sell enough to make back my expenses
- To host an open studio or trunk show
Did I accomplish all of them? Short answer: No.
You know I accomplished this one. I took a whole month off from metalworking to make all my displays and I think that the new set-up really has made a difference.
- I did four craft shows this year, so this one gets another check mark.
- I accomplished the exact opposite of this. Two of my three galleries closed down in 2010 – a month apart! I contacted numerous other galleries, but most aren’t accepting new artists at this time. I can’t say that I blame them, but it still makes it hard.
- I taught two workshops in 2010 so I double accomplished this goal! (I have another one scheduled on January 29th, 2011 at Millersville University)
- I had work in three exhibitions this year, so I almost get to check this one off. If you want to count the shared showcase at Veleska, then I do get to check it off.
- After the show in Delaware, I really thought that this goal would be accomplished. It wasn’t, but it’s the closest I’ve ever come.
- Somehow I never ended up even working on this goal. We’ll save it for next year…
I want to stress that 2010 was the best year for my jewelry artist career ever (so far!) and that I expect to make 2011 even better. You’ll find out what my goals are for that soon. How about you? Did you achieve any (or all) of your goals for 2010? Leave a comment and let us know how you did.