When I’m teaching my fold forming workshop, I bring in pieces of card stock to show the students how you can work through ideas by folding the paper before trying it in metal. So today I’m sending you to try origami – the Japanese art of paper folding. You don’t need a torch, a hammer, or a vise – just paper and some patience!
Origami Instructional Sites
- Origami Instructions – good overview including base fold tutorials and working up to more complicated pieces.
- Would you rather learn via video? – Origami Instruction Videos
- Origami finger rings – see you can even make your own paper jewelry!
- You can even make beautiful folded boxes for all your holiday gifts (for instance: some of my jewelry!)
- Think you don’t have time for paper folding? All of these origami tutorials are 5min or less.
- Don’t have paper, but have some dollar bills lying around? Try money origami.