November is less than a week away and it’s time for me to decide on what I’m doing for Art Every Day Month. Last year I did a Doodle a Day and the year before that a set of Inspiration Cards. I’ve been thinking about it and here are some choices I came up with:
- Periodic Table of Wendy –
I saw an idea like this on Twitter (I believe @soartmodel tweeted the link to it) where someone made a periodic table that listed their music and film influences. I can’t seem to find the link right now, but I discovered all different kinds of periodic tables. I love the periodic table and I thought that I would use the elements that make me who I am – different influences, favorite music/movies, places I find inspiration, that kind of thing.
- Doodle a Day – Yes, this is what I did last year, but I really enjoyed it and it forced me to create something each day, whether I felt like it or not.
- A Major Drawing or Painting – Yes, you read that right. I used to enjoy pen and ink drawing and watercolor, but art school cured me of that. My last two AEDM projects reminded me that I enjoy these activities, but I haven’t been able to work them into any sort of routine.
- 30 Rings Hath November – This project even has a catchy name! Inspired by Sara
Westermark‘s Ring a Day project, I thought that I might want to make a ring for each day in November. I usually try to do something non-metal related for AEDM to mix up the creative juices, but I did consider this.
So which one do you think I should pick? Or do you have a better idea for my AEDM project? Leave your answers in the comments and I’ll consider them before making a final decision. You’ll find out which I choose this weekend (or possibly Monday.)
- 8 Curious Periodic Tables (mentalfloss.com) <= You know I totally will NOT be adding any cheese to mine!