As you know, my next craft show will be in Wilmington, DE at the Chase Center on the Riverfront. You might think of the beach when you hear the word Delaware, or perhaps you think of a place you drive through on your way to somewhere else. But Delaware is more than just a rest stop on I-95. It is a rich artistic, botanical, and historical destination.
◊ ◊ ◊
Here are some great places to go in combination with visiting me at the PA Guild show July 31st & August 1st:
- Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts houses seven galleries, 26 artists’ studios, a gift shop, high-tech auditorium, and a classroom. On the rejuvenated Wilmington Riverfront, DCCA presents over thirty exhibitions annually of regionally, nationally and internationally recognized artists.
- Delaware Art Museum – Along with other fabulous art, this museum houses one of the largest collections of British Pre-Raphaelites in the country.
- There’s the wonderful Winterthur Museum & Estate, a home of the DuPont family. I saw an exhibition here of the Taxco silversmiths of Mexico. Great art and beautiful grounds make this a must-see destination.
- And there’s always the micro-brew trail!
- For more great Delaware destinations, check out Visit Delaware.
Want some more info on the area around the show? Visit Riverfront Wilmington for more on events, shopping, restaurants, and more. And did you know that Wilmington has a landmark hotel? Check out the Hotel DuPont to see how luxurious Delaware can be.
Don’t forget to say “Hi!” when you stop by my booth and make sure to explore all the other artists booths at the craft show. It’s going to be great!