I’ve been stuck on a chain for my most recent medallion (I’m a little bored with what I’ve been doing) and I’ve been trying to come up with new solutions. This isn’t as easy as you think. So I began to think about where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing when I’ve had that “A ha!” moment.
- Walking – this is where I get a lot of time to mull things over (I have to walk our dog twice a day). It seems that the physical activity helps me to clear my mind and ideas drift through.
- While Reading – I guess because I’m totally focused on something other than my problem that my mind is able to think about it from a different angle subconsciously
- Standing in the shower thinking – this is my meditation/de-stress time and also fortunately one of the few things I have in common with Perry Farrell (since this is Jane’s addiction, I’m sure there’s something offensive in the link so watch out)
- Looking out the window or sitting outside and staring into space – yes, all that daydreaming in school really did pay off
- And yes, I do sometimes solve problems as I’m actually working on a piece!