I’m sure you’ve noticed that I mention the PA Guild of Craftsmen quite a lot. I’m a member and they’ve really supported me and all of the members through their workshops, shows, and in other ways too. But they aren’t the only craft organization out there. Here are a few others.
- SNAG - The largest metalsmiths/jeweler/other metal type worker/designer craft/art organization out there. (Can you tell that their mission has slightly changed since they began?) They have a fabulous (though somewhat academically based) journal, Metalsmith and have a huge conference each year. Also an extensive website filled with all kinds of info for members.
- Some other metalworking guilds: Society of American Silversmiths and ABANA
- There are also regionally based metalsmithing guilds all over the country – PA Society of Goldsmiths, Washington Guild of Goldsmiths, Michigan Silversmith Guild, & the New Mexico Metalsmiths Guild just to name a few.
- Potomac Fiber Arts Guild
- The Kentucky Guild of Artists & Craftsmen
- League of New Hampshire Craftsmen
This is hardly a comprehensive list and is obviously skewed to only those guilds that I’m familiar with. Do you know any others that have helped you or another artist out? Leave their info in the comments.