1. How did you get started in your craft? (using your media)
I WENT TO BOARDING SCHOOL. I TOOK A CERAMICS CLASS MY FIRST YEAR THERE, AND I WAS HOOKED. I TOOK IT EVERY TRIMESTER FROM THEN ON. I’M PRETTY SURE DOING POTTERY ENABLED ME TO STAY ENROLLED. I SPENT SO MUCH TIME IN THE STUDIO IT CUT INTO THE TIME I MIGHT HAVE BEEN SPENDING BEING NAUGHTY.
2. What has been inspiring/influencing your work lately?
A LOVE OF PURPLE AND GREEN. A LOVE OF TOMBSTONES AND IRON FENCES. FLOWERS.
3. Who are your favorite artists in your field?
4. What is your favorite customer quote or story?
I WAS TALKING TO A GUY ABOUT MY VASES. I TOLD THEM THEY MAKE FLOWER ARRANGING EASY FOR MORONS, AND HE RESPONDED, “IF I GIVE THIS TO MY WIFE, AM I TELLING HER SHE’S A MORON?” THE CLASSIC CONVERSATION I HAVE WITH PEOPLE IS:WHAT DO YOU DO?I’M A POTTERA WHAT?A POTTERA WHAT?I MAKE BOWLSOHHHHH!!!! LIKE IN GHOST?IT’S FUNNY THAT MY LIFE IS DEFINED FOR PEOPLE BY A PATRICK SWAYZE MOVIE.
5. What is your favorite piece of art or fine craft that you own?
MY HUSBAND DESIGNED AND BUILT OUR HOME. IT’S IN A DEVELOPMENT IN PHILLY CALLED THIN FLATS. I DON’T OWN IT, BUT I’M CONSTANTLY IMPRESSED BY HIS CRAFT. IT WAS FUN TO COLLABORATE WITH HIM. I MADE ALL OF THE VESSEL SINKS IN THE PROJECT. HAVING FRIENDS AND FAMILY INTO OUR HOME ALWAYS GIVES ME PRIDE AND PLEASURE.