Mmmm, smoked meats from Rooster Street Provisions in Elizabethtown, PA
OK, I totally stole this post from Ken Mueller of Inkling Media. But I’m sure that he’s fine with that. He posted this a bit ago and I thought that it would be fun to do here at Hammermarks also. So once you see the 5 things that I love, why don’t you share your answers in the comments section? Come on, it’ll be fun!
1) Name a food you absolutely love – Meat. That’s right, steaks, bacon, sausage, smoked meats, venison, lamb I am a carnivore through and through. But not organ meat, so I’m not totally hard core.
2) Name a band/musician you love – Led Zeppelin has always been a favorite of mine. I never get tired of them (except sometimes Stairway or Rock and Roll, but after a break I can come back to them.) Plus Sonic Youth is a great stand-by. There are tons of bands I go back to again and again, but these two pretty much say it all.
3) Name a television show you love – If you mean one that’s on currently, I’d say Doctor Who (though it’s gotten a little bit lovey-dovey), Orphan Black and Continuum are two new favorites. Of all time? That’s a toughy. It’s a safe bet to go with Joss Whedon – Angel, Firefly those are both great in my book.
4) Name an author or book you love – Neil Gaiman is a great author and I love his interaction with his fans through twitter and his blog. He’s very open and accessible that
Neil Gaiman (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
way. American Gods is one of my favorite books. I also like a lot of fantasy like Tad Williams, Brandon Sanderson, Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc. Lately I’ve been really into N.K. Jemisin, she creates very imaginative worlds with a different perspective than a lot of other authors..
5) Name a sports team that you love – Orioles for baseball, I tend to root for the underdog, though last year was awesome! Plus I watch a lot of international soccer, though I don’t really have a specific team that I follow.
As you can tell, I’m not really a “this is my favorite__________” kind of person. I have a bunch of things that I like at any one time and they fluctuate depending on my mood. What about you? Are you a die hard fan of one thing or all over the place with your likes?